Monday, March 7, 2011

Sniffles and Sneezes

My students are quickly disappearing!  I can only assume that there is a nasty virus going around my classroom.  I had several students out last week and by Friday I was down to nine students by the end of the day!  Today I only had eleven students!  My day was FABULOUS!  We were missing a few key players and that made our day very calm.  I think I had a smile on my face all day long.  I was in such a good mood that I gave my students M&M's at the end of the day because every single one of them was on green!

Aside from sniffles and sneezes my teaching experience is going very well.  We had a lot of fun with our fish (but we are down to one goldfish and a handful of baby guppies).  Today I lost another fish.  The problem is that I don't have a net and I was having a hard time getting the fish out of the tank with my cup.  As luck would have it, there was a technician in my room hooking up some equipment.  That crazy man was going to stick his bare hand in the tank and take out the fish!  EW!  Thankfully I got the fish out before he had to do that.  On a happier note, we have chicken eggs!  It takes 21 days for chicks to hatch and we are on day 6!  I am SO excited and my students are unbelievably excited.  I just hope my chicks do better than my fish!  My amazing father has made me a brooding box so that my chicks will have a comfortable place to live after they escape from their shells.  I am so lucky to have such a supportive family!

Wait!  More good news!  Yesterday I signed up for a Donors Choose account.  Donors Choose is an organization that gets funding for teacher requested supplies through donations.  I created a project for an MP3 listening center and it is already almost fully funded!  I am so greatful to the family and friends that donated to this project.  This will give my students another opportunity to interact with books.  They are learning how to read, and I just know that this will have a huge impact on them.  My next project is for audio books to use at the center.  If you are interested in supporting my project please check out this link: http://www.donorschoose.org/we-teach/841873.1808463058

I really and truly love my job.  I feel so lucky to have such a rewarding career.  Sometimes I wonder who benefits more, the students, or me?

No comments:

Post a Comment