Thursday, January 27, 2011

First Sick Day

Wednesday morning I woke up with a very sore throat.  I didn't realize that I was actually sick until I was half way to work.  My throat hurt, my head hurt, my neck hurt, and I was cranky.  I knew that it was going to be a tough day, so I warned my students that I wasn't feeling well.  They were very sweet.  All day long they would remind each other not to make me yell or upset me because my throat was hurting.  I just love those kids!  They day was long and I snapped a little more than I normally would.  I had decided that I should stay a little later that afternoon and get some sub plans ready just in case I was unable to go to work the following day.  By the time the students had all left I just couldn't bring myself to stay.  I was sure I'd be fine in the morning.

When I got home I had a FEVER!  I have not had a fever in many years and decided to go to the doctors.  While there was nothing diagnosable wrong with me, I decided that a fever was a good reason to call in sick the following day.  I called my friend MP and asked her to please give sub plans to my sub in the morning.  She quickly reminded me that I vowed not to get sick and agreed to pass the plans on.  Unfortunately the school email was down and the plans never made it to my sub!  As I sit here writing this blog I can't help but wonder what my kids did all day.  I was surprisingly relaxed today and didn't worry about them as much as I thought I would.  My fever seems to be gone and I plan on returning to work tomorrow.  I am looking forward to the hugs, comments, and questions that my fabulous students will be full of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment